From hosting our second annual Un/Conference to being featured in the October 2011 edition of the Minnesota Business Magazine to the launch of our Cascading Conversations Tour, we are pleased to be able to look back on this year with pride and amazement at how the network for what's next is being built through the collaborative efforts of so many!
Thanks again to all you readers for your support and engagement this year! May I present the Minnesota Rising Blog 2011: Post Playback x 11 for your reading pleasure:
1. More to the story: @MinnesotaRising 2011 Yes, Minnesota Rising is emergent, co-designed, and a bit ambiguous. But we've figured it out a bit more in 2011 about what and who we are and where we're going. Read more, and we invite you to join the story!
2. Friday Fun: Architects by Rise Against Because every movement needs an anthem. I submit this one for consideration: "Do you care to be the layers of the bricks that seal your fate? Or would you rather be the architects of what we might create?"
3. Use only what you need Word. Er, photo.
4. Will Minnesotans write a better future? We kicked off the Citizens League's 60th Anniversary Program late this year. This post includes Sean Kershaw's Star Tribune commentary that asks Minnesotans to dream bigger and plan for the long-term, with a future that begins in 2012!
5. Give it some gusto: Nuance in word and action I was invited to be a guest blogger on the YNPN-TC blog in March and used it to reflect on ways to become more intentional and creative on a daily basis. It's never too late to submit a comment!-)
6. Why We're Here: Twin Cities We sure do love it here! And we can put it into video footage and words. Check it out.
7. Thanks to the Minnesota Rising 2011 Un/Conference Planning Crew! This year's Un/Conference was bigger and better in every way. And these people helped make it happen. Plus, their mugs and bios are completely adorbs!
8. Framing Open Questions These guidelines for asking searching and powerful questions are one of a number of tools I've picked up through my engagement with the InCommons Art of Hosting community this year. I hope they can be of use to you and yours in the next!
9. Cause for Connection: Mark and Lisa Adopt My friends, Lisa and Mark, are incredible people. And they are looking to become amazing parents. Can you help make the connection?
10. Report Roll: What Does the Next Generation of American Leaders Think? This study provides a quick and fascinating look into the minds and attitudes of rising leaders in the U.S., and gives us a sense for what's on tap for Minnesota's new guard.
11. Un/Conference Breakouts: Al Coleman's Secrets to Success Sure, Al Coleman was featured in the likes of Forbes magazine when he wrote and published his book this year, but he still made time to attend and present at the Minnesota Rising 2011 Un/Conference! For that, we are eternally grateful. And these insider tips aren't too bad, either.
Happy holidays and we look forward to working with you in 2012!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.