Have your youth, a big idea, and a drive to make a different in your community? Consider applying to be a 2015 Youthprise Change Fellow (deadline: January 23) to receive funds, support, and personal and professional development opportunities to help you on your way. Read on for more information about how Youthprise is investing in young people and their visions for change!
2015 Change Fellows Application Now Open!
Expanding our learning and investments in young people
Youthprise Change Fellows are young people between the ages of 16 and 25 who are stirring up currents of change in their communities in Minnesota. Fellows participate in a process that equips them with the tools they need and a network of support to implement their ‘big idea,’ launch an expanded learning (out-of-school time) program, or set their innovative solution in motion to address a critical issue in their community. The initiative can be a new concept or an existing model.
Change Fellows is a key strategy for Youthprise in 2015 – making a deeper investment in young people reflecting our commitment to finding and investing in initiatives that accelerate learning beyond the classroom. By being innovative and valuing youth engagement, the Change Fellows initiative not only provides youth with authentic opportunities for leadership and professional experience, but also creates opportunities for young people to actually make changes they deem important in their communities.
Applications due January 23, 2015 at 5:00pm CST.
CHANGE FELLOWS PROGRAM GOALS
1) Support young people to drive change in their communities, by helping them to enhance their work, develop their big idea, and link it with what’s going on in broader systems in order to effectively implement and move it to action.
2) Foster the growth of networks of young people who encourage one another, collaborate, and challenge the status quo.
3) Connect youth with community infrastructure for collaboration, support and the sharing of effective practices.
- Age 16-25
- Live in Minnesota
- Must have a commitment to life-long learning and transformation
- Strong willingness and desire to share and mobilize a big idea
- Proposed project must address an issue in the applicant’s community, whether geographic or other
What does a Change Fellow do?
- 1 year commitment beginning February 7, 2015
- Participate in ten personal & professional development sessions with the Change Fellows cohort
- Participate in the curriculum, read two books, keep a visual journal
- Complete implementation plan
What does a Change Fellow get?
- $3,500 stipend to actively participate
- Curriculum materials
- Opportunity to apply for an implementation grant after successfully completing the fellowship
Orientation: February 7, 2015 9:00am – 3:00pm