In 2010, the Minnesota Zoo created the Young Professional Advisory Council ("YPAC") to serve as the advisory council the Minnesota Zoo Foundation Board and to create AZUL, an organization of like-minded young professionals interested in the mission of the Zoo. YPAC serves as the board of directors of AZUL and as advisory council to the Minnesota Zoo Foundation Board.ABOUT THE MINNESOTA ZOO YOUNG PROFESSIONAL ADVISORY COUNCIL
YPAC was created to design and implement strategies to increase overall commitment of young professionals (ages 25-40) to the Minnesota Zoo - as future leaders, members, donors, volunteers, and guests.
YPAC is currently taking applications to fill 8-10 positions on the council. An overview of the council's purpose, responsibilities, and composition is included below.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete the following by June 20, 2011:
Step 1: Please complete the Minnesota Zoo YPAC Application. This application can be accessedhere.
Step 2: Please email a current resume to: AZULinfo@mnzoo.org. In the subject, please type your name followd by the word "Resume" (i.e., John Doe Resume).
A select number of applicants will be invited to interview with Zoo staff and members of YPAC. Final decisions will be made by the end of July.
Please share this information and application with young professionals you believe should be considered for this council.
Objective:Develop and implement strategies to increase overall commitment of young professionals (ages 25-40) to the Minnesota Zoo - as future leaders, members, donors, volunteers, and guests.
Rationale: The Minnesota Zoo would like to increase participation among young professionals for a number of reasons:
Tasks: YPAC is responsible for the following tasks:
- One of the Zoo's key strategic goals is to build sustained relationships with a broader, more diverse array of local and regional communities, which includes engaging the next generation of philanthropists
- The Zoo seeks to collaborate more effectively with young professionals who are increasingly passionate about conservation, sustainability, and education to further enhance the organization's mission and goals
Benefits to YPAC Members:
- Define vision and goals for AZUL and YPAC
- Provide strategic support and plans to Minnesota Zoo staff and board members on increasing engagement with young professionals
- Develop a broad-based network of aspiring community leaders who engage with the Zoo through ongoing and specially designed educational/social events and skill-based volunteer activities
- Provide additional support and capacity to the Zoo's business function on key Zoo initiatives
- Provide additional support and capacity to the Zoo's business function on key Zoo initiatives, including, for example, the Zoo's public affairs strategies to recruit, educate, motivate, and engage key audiences
- Gain direct nonprofit experience with a leading Minnesota cultural institution
- Learn from experienced and accomplished business and nonprofit professionals
- Develop core leadership skills for further board positions at leading organizations
- Become leaders in helping to promote the values of conservation and sustainability
- Council Size: 15-20 members with 1 council chair
- Term Length: 2 Years
- Meeting Schedule: Monthly
- Report Structure: This council will report directly to a MN Zoo Foundation staff member. In addition, a representative from this council will also serve on the Board of the Minnesota Zoo Foundation.
- Able to attend monthly YPAC meetings in person
- Able to commit 6-8 hours/month
- Eager to use their skills and experiences to help support the Zoo's mission
- Strategic, motivated, collaborative and innovative young professionals
- A minimum 3 years working experience or graduate degree
- Knowledge of nonprofit board governance (a plus)
Thursday, June 9, 2011
Join AZUL - MN Zoo Young Professionals Advisory Council!
Are you an animal lover? Do you believe in the power of zoos to educate and engage others in caring for wildlife and all the species of the earth? AZUL, the Minnesota Zoo's Young Professional Advisory Council, is offering you a chance to align your passions with your talents and skills! See below for more details about this opportunity and whether it's right for ewe (had to be done, folks!-).
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.