Call for Advisory Committee Members: Leaders of Today and Tomorrow ProgramLeaders of Today and Tomorrow (LOTT) inspires college-age women to become active citizens and to envision themselves as future leaders. The LOTT program is designed to develop young women’s potential to lead professionally, personally, and in their communities through the LOTT Fellows Program and the LOTT Leaders Workshops. LOTT offers intensive seminars, mentoring opportunities, networking and more to today’s promising young women. LOTT is a program of the LWVMN Education Fund, a nonpartisan, political organization that encourages the informed and active participation of citizens in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.Primary Duties and Responsibilities:The LOTT Advisory Committee oversees and plans the major components of the LOTT program, including the Fellows Program, the LOTT programming at LWV Minnesota Conference, and alumni/networking events.Specific roles include:
- Assist in recruiting college-aged and emerging professionals to apply for the LOTT Fellows Program Develop mentor programming and events
- Identify mentors for the program from all professional sectors
- Serve as the selection committee for LOTT Fellows and LOTT Mentors
- Support fundraising for the continued success of the LOTT Program, including assisting with small dollar fundraising/friendraising events and sponsorship requests when appropriate
- Event planning for women’s leadership networking eventExperience and Qualifications:We seek potential Advisory Board members who demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Willingness to develop, maintain, and build a resource network for young women
- A commitment to the mission of LWV Minnesota
- Ability to meet the time requirement of approximately 5 hours per month, usually in the evening
- Previous community engagement experience preferredMembership in LWV Minnesota is required. LWV Minnesota has a variety of membership levels. Applicants do not need to be members at the time of their application.How to Apply:Please email a resume and statement of interest to Allie Wagstrom, state program director, with “LOTT Advisory Committee” in the subject line. Questions and applications may be emailed to email@example.com. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, with a deadline ofJune 15, 2011.
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Call for Advisory Committee Members: Leaders of Today and Tomorrow (LOTT)
I was delighted to serve on a panel with Ashley Schweitzer, Peggy Flanagan, Becky Nahvi, and Jenny Hegland at the Leaders of Today and Tomorrow (LOTT) Conference in Rochester last month. These incredible women have a wealth of experience and insights into community leadership and life lessons; might you also have some things to share with the rising generation of women leaders in Minnesota? LOTT inspires college-age women to become active citizens and to envision themselves as future leaders and is designed to develop young women’s potential to lead professionally, personally, and in their communities. See below for the call for Advisory Committee members and consider supporting those who are today leading us into a brighter tomorrow!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.