I was delighted to attend the 2010 Power and Possibilities Leadership Conference at St. Catherine University last year and shared the nuggets I walked away with in a blog post focused on "balancing all of our selves"
. In its fourth year, Power and Possibilities
, a leadership conference for influential women and women of color, promises to be better than ever. The event will feature the superintendents of the Minneapolis Public Schools and the St. Paul Public Schools, Bernadeia Johnson and Valeria Silva, respectively, in a panel conversation moderated by Dr. Verna Cornelia Price. Read on for the event schedule and how to find yourself in the midst of amazing women leaders and energizing self-reflection and conversation on April 13!
The 4th Annual
Power and Possibilities
A Leadership Conference for Women of Color
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
3:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
St. Catherine University, St. Paul, Minnesota
St. Paul Public
Power & Possibilities connects professional women for an afternoon of leadership development and purposeful conversation. The conference begins with a keynote discussion with Bernadeia Johnson and Valeria Silva around Leadership Competencies that Matter - both today and looking toward the future. We continue with table discussions led by influential women of the Twin Cities. This is a great opportunity to meet and network with powerful women leaders.
Goals of Power & Possibilities
- Have a substantive leadership development experience
- Hear success stories of women of color leaders
- Share personal and professional stories
- See old friends and colleagues, meet new friends and colleagues, expand personal and professional networks
- Create a space for authentic dialogue
- Engage to explore leadership opportunities and next step
Choose from these Small Group Leadership Topics:
- Challenging the Process; Influencing Change
- Code Breakers: Language and Authentic Conversations
- Creating Collaboration and Building Trust
- Creating Your Personal Circle of Influence - How to Bring Together Your Own Personal Board of Directors
- Identity: Balancing your Individual, Cultural, Organizational and Leadership Self
- Leadership Best Practices: Strategies of Success
- Navigating your Career Maze: Positioning Yourself for Growth
3:00 pm Welcome
3:15 pm Keynote with Bernadeia Johnson and Valeria Silva,
moderated by Dr. Verna Cornelia Price
4:00 pm Table Talk - Small Group discussion facilitated by Twin Cities women leaders
5:00 pm Wrap-Up - Large Group Discussion
5:30 pm Networking Reception
Thank You to our Silver Sponsors
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.