The Council on Asian-Pacific Minnesotans is currently seeking a diverse collection of nomination submissions for its 2011 Annual Leadership Awards. This is the time for community members to nominate and recognize one of their own. Please help us to honor an outstanding business owner, leader, organization, volunteer who has given themselves, their talents and resources to serve and better the Asian-Pacific community.
A committee of Council board members and community members will determine the number of awardees. The Award Ceremony will be held at the Council’s Annual Heritage Dinner on Friday, May 6, 2011, starting at 6:00 p.m. The location is still to be confirmed. Awardees in the past have been the India Association of Minnesota, Takuzo Ishida, Vee Phan Nelson, Hedy Tripp, and Seng Yang.
The Council on Asian-Pacific Minnesotans honors individuals or organizations who have:
Candidates Are to be nominated under one or more of the following categories:
- Achieved excellence in his or her field
- Contributed to the well-being of the Asian and Pacific Islander Community
- Displayed leadership to advance social, economic, or educational spheres for people of Asian and Pacific Islander descent living in Minnesota
Nomination submission Guidelines:
- Outstanding contribution in any field showing vision and leadership
- Lifetime Service Award
- Humanitarian Award
- Submit 1 Original and 7 Stapled Copies of the nomination materials for a total of 8 COPIES. Documents submitted will not be returned (Items of Personal Value Should Not Be Submitted). We suggest the nominator make a copy of the materials for his or her records
- We must RECEIVE nomination materials no later than Thursday, March 18, 2011 at 5:00 p.m. Materials may be Mailed or Hand Delivered. Please enclose all materials in a large 10” x 13” envelope—or equivalent—& address it as follows:DISCLAIMER: Council on Asian-Pacific Minnesotans board members, staff, or their immediate family members MAY NOT submit nominations or write letters of support for any nominee. These same individuals may not be nominated for an award, though it is acceptable to have an affiliation with a nominated organization. Nominations for those who have previously won a Council Leadership Award, out of fairness, will not be accepted. Additionally, nominator and co-nominators cannot be immediate family member or relatives of the nominee.2011 Heritage Month Award Nominations
Council on Asian-Pacific Minnesotans
658 Cedar Street, Suite 160
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55155Contact Pa Chia Yang at the Council on Asian-Pacific Minnesotans (CAPM) with questions at 651.757.1740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Accepting Applications: Council on Asian-Pacific Minnesotans (CAPM) 2011 Annual Awards
The Council on Asian-Pacific Minnesotans (CAPM) is requesting submissions for its 2011 Annual Award nomination process. Know of any outstanding Asian-Pacific Minnesotans making economic, humanitarian, or other contributions in your community? If ideas are hard to come by, consider learning about or taking part in efforts around the Asian Pacific Cultural Center, the Annual Heritage Month Dinner, or the annual Dragon Festival this summer. Perhaps you'll get to know someone who you may be inspired to nominate once this deadline rolls around next year. In the meantime, Happy Year of the Rabbit!