11 December 2010 Minnesota Rising Strategy Session
10:30AM - 12:30PM
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, 55401
Room N-402, B.C. Gamble and P.W. Skogmo Conference Room
- The grassroots solutions 2nd Annual “Organizer of the Year” Contest Is Now Open! | Due by December 10
Do you know a young up-and-comer who has inspired you with their grassroots organizing? Would you like to see their face beaming up at you from the front of the grassroots solutions 2011 holiday card? Then “like” us on Facebook and post your nomination for the grassroots solutions “Organizer of the Year" on our wall today. Please include the organizer's name, the campaign or organization they worked or volunteered for, and why you think they deserve to win. Nominations close on December 10, so post your nominations now! The top three nominations will be put to a vote on Facebook December 13 – 20, and the winner will be notified on December 21. http://hostedp0.vresp.com/473865/eb418fb883/ARCHIVE
- Join the Young Nonprofit Professionals of the Twin Cities Board! | Applications due by December 10
YNPN-TC strives to provide and promote opportunities for the development of young nonprofit professionals. So here is one huge opportunity to develop leadership skills and build and greatly expand your network: YNPN-TC is now accepting applications for new board members! Our board of directors is a working, all-volunteer board. As a part of the board, you will be expected to attend monthly board and committee meetings, participate in online decision-making and discussion, and go to YNPN-TC events. For more details on expected duties and time commitments, read the full job description. To apply, please complete the application AND send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 10. We welcome a diverse applicant pool.
- National Association of Asian American Professionals (MN) Mingler Event | 15 December 2010 from 6:00-8:00PM
NAAAP-MN Minglers are the perfect, no pressure way to network. Meet other Asian American professionals and enhance your business connections. We encourage you to bring your friends, colleagues and business cards. LOCATION: Target Lounge at the Guthrie Theater [Level Four], 818 South 2nd Street, Minneapolis. The Target Lounge is a perfect place to grab drinks after work. This elegant venue offers signature cocktails, extraordinary views, and live music on certain nights. *Guests cover their own food/beverage costs at the Guthrie Theater. For details, visit www.naaap-mn.org.
- MinnPost's YPN is currently forming two volunteer committees and we need your participation!
We want to utilize your wide-ranging skills and expertise to make YPN a fun, informative, and helpful resource for young professionals across Minnesota. Participating in a YPN committee will insure your great ideas and innovations get heard and allow you to shape YPN going forward. Committee meetings will be held no more than once a month, at the MinnPost offices in Minneapolis.The first committee meetings will take place in mid-January. If you are interested in joining one of the YPN committees, please email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday, Dec. 20, 2010.
- The Event Committee will help with planning and securing sponsorship for special events such as happy hours, trivia nights, bowling nights, group leader get-togethers, and full-scale all-member parties.
- The Aquisitions Committee will primarily help curate and develop content for the YPN page. This group will also help in the development and implementation of marketing strategies to spread the word about YPN and increase member and community involvement.