Dear Members,It’s that time of year where we all take some time to reflect on the things that are most important to us and acknowledge everything we are thankful for. This year, we want to thank all of you for loyally attending our events. Because of you our organization has grown to almost 4,000 members. We realize the growing number of networking groups and events bombarding your calendars, so thank you for choosing to support the YPOTC. Our goal is to provide you with a safe, professional and fun environment to meet other young professionals in the Twin Cities area. To ensure that we’re providing you with the most valuable experience possible, we’re coming up with new opportunities and seeking out new partners to work with. We also value membership feedback and ideas, and welcome you to share them with us.
On behalf of the YPOTC board, we want to thank our Sponsors for promoting the YPOTC and for so generously donating the wonderful food for our events. We also want to thank the United States Marines for so graciously coming out on this chilly night to support our Toys for Tots drive. Words cannot express our appreciation for all you do for our country! We also want to acknowledge Farzad and the staff at The View for being such gracious hosts to our monthly happy hour events. Your generosity and flexibility are very much appreciated and we look forward to many more events with you. Thank you again for making 2010 a wonderful year, we look forward to the endless opportunities 2011 has in store. Happy Holidays and Happy New Years!Your 2010 YPOTC Board
YPOTC News & Announcements! YPOTC is looking to fill two board positions.
VP of Sponsorship
Mission: Bring value to YPOTC members’ professional lives by coordinating sponsorship for social and educational events.
Job Description: Prospects for and creates sponsorship opportunities for the YPOTC organization. In this role, you will be responsible for seeking out and securing sponsors for our various events. This includes but is not limited to food/drink sponsorship at the second Tuesday happy hours, possible venue sponsorships for the educational events and general YPOTC sponsorship funding. Coordinates event sponsorship with Social Events chair and Educational chair. This role will be responsible for all communications between sponsors and board.Requirements:
- High level of professionalism
- Ability to effectively communicate via email and phone
- Self starter with the ability to maximize networking skills
- Must be organized
- Able to attend one board meeting and one event per month and one education and community event annually
- Use YPOTC’s name and your affiliation in good faith
- Able to form a committee
- Have fun with itVP of Business AffairsPosition Responsibilities:
- Work with members to create all standard templates (meeting minutes, sign in sheet, Sponsorship Info, etc.)
- Summarize meeting minutes and email to board members in addition to saving in the shared folder.
- Manage Shared Folder
- Manage Bank account and sponsorship dollars
- Explore the possibility of becoming a 501c3Interested applicants should email their resume to Alanna Spotts at email@example.com by 12pm, January 18th. Please include which position you're applying for and a summary of why you think you're a good fit for the role. The top three candidates will be required to interview with the board the evening of 1/25/10. Candidates will be notified of the decision by 1/28/11.
Friday, January 14, 2011
Accepting Applications: Young Professionals of Twin Cities (YPOTC) Board
You know I can't resist those holiday letters, always so full of gratitude and acknowledgement, good cheer and festiveness, and optimism for what lies ahead! Check out this one from the officers of the Young Professionals of Twin Cities (YPOTC), established in 2007 to provide a place where young professionals can connect with other young professionals, to its ever-growing membership and learn below about two current openings for the board.