EDTalks: Creativity, Innovation & Education
EDTalks - a lively series of networking and education events designed to engage young professionals in public education issues - will move to St. Paul in September and feature interactive activities and presentations focused on Creativity, Innovation and Education. Portions of the event will be filmed by Twin Cities Public Television for broadcast in November and January.
This special event will feature:
- Pre-show demonstrations by Urban Debaters, FIRST Robotics and Youth Thrive
- TED TALKS EDUCATION video by Sir Ken Robinson, English author, speaker and international advisor on education and the arts for government, education and arts organizations.
- University of St. Catharine Professor Yvonne Ng on STEM education
- Fathering Center Director John Turnipseed on Mentorship
- Juxtapositional Arts Artistic Director Roger Cummings on Art and Learning
- A networking and learning exchange following the presentations
This special EDTalks is presented by AchieveMpls and The Citizens League in partnership with Twin Cities Public Television, Young Education Professionals-Twin Cities and DRIVE Emerging Leaders. The program is sponsored by a generous donation from the Verne C. Johnson Family Foundation and a grant received from WNET New York Public Media as part of TED TALKS EDUCATION, the first-ever TED project specifically produced for television and part of American Graduate: Let's Make It Happen.
CEU credit available for teachers upon request. For more information contact Cassandra Fenelon at 612.455.1570 or email@example.com.
Check out video from our past EDTalks.