The LOTT Fellows Program inspires college-aged and emerging professional women to envision themselves as future leaders. The program is designed to develop young women's potential to lead professionally, personally, and in their communities.
The LOTT Fellows Program provides five months of leadership development via intensive seminars, one-on-one mentoring, and network building for ten to fifteen fellows. The fellows program focuses on the leadership development of participants in all aspects of their lives, through both self-reflective and collaborative themes and activities. The program assists participants in establishing career goals, creating a plan for goal attainment, and developing their leadership skills through mentoring and training. The fellows program aims to instill strong skills and perceptions of leadership efficacy in participants to increase the rates at which they assume leadership positions and engage in other forms of active community participation.
Becoming a LOTT Fellow
The LOTT Fellows Program is designed to develop young women's leadership potentially to lead professionally, personally, and in their communities.
The program consists of:
Over the course of 5 months, Fellows and Mentors embark on an exciting journey of partnership, reflection, coaching, and inspiration. Activities include interactive discussions, a variety of guest speakers, and one-on-one mentoring.
- Intensive seminars
- One-on-One Mentoring
- Networking with today's promising young women
- Networking with today's women leaders
LOTT Program Fellows are women who:
- Want to make things happen
- Value community and civic involvement
- Work in collaboration with others to accomplish goals
- Respect themselves, their peers and mentors, and those with different opinions or perspectives
- Commit to personal growth and developing leadership qualities
- Are in the final two years of a post-secondary degree program or
- Are an emerging professional
The program will involve activities from November 2010 through May 2011. Attendance is required at all events.
LOTT Fellows are expected to meet one-on-one with their mentor at least three additional meetings scheduled at your convenience throughout the program.
- Fellow Orientation Meeting
- Personal Leadership Workshop
- Collaboration/Teamwork Workshop
- Communication and Networking Workshop
- Setting Goals Workshop
- LOTT Women's Leadership Portion at the LWV Minnesota Conference
Please submit the following materials as a packet by October 15, 2010. Detailed instructions are found on the application form.
- Completed application form
- Two Letters of Recommendations
- Answers to two short response questions