Naked Civics: Uncovering the Path to the Common Good
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Doors at 5:00PM; Program at 6:30PM
FREE to attend!
The meeting is incredibly timely – and relevant. Nate Garvis, Citizens League Boardmember, will talk about both the tremendous need to find common ground amid all of the polarizing political/policy conversations around us, and the new opportunities we all have to do so.
- How can Minnesota be the “Civic Capitol” of the country?
- How can we reinvent policy-making and civic engagement in a new era?
- How can you become involved, whether it is through your workplace or your community -- anywhere?
- How do we “’uncover” new paths to the common good?
The meeting is social, interactive – (and short). There will be receptions both beforehand and afterwards at Seven Restaurant and Lounge next door, where you can learn more about the Citizens League’s priorities and accomplishments and how to contribute to our work.
- It will be a great place to meet old and new friends.
- You don’t have to be a member to attend, although we might ask you to join.
- We know you are busy, and have planned a program that does not go more than an hour, while still providing opportunities for interaction.
You can invite your friends from our Facebook page for this event.
Our Twitter hashtag is #CL09.